Sunday, February 22, 2015

Last Day - Fingers Crossed!


Byron is in better spirits today, a good night sleep and your own clothes can make a BIG difference.  

Byron's flu is very contagious so they have him in isolation.  Everyone who comes in wears a mask so we have only seen eyes on all of the staff.  But you can still see their warm smiles through their eyes and feel their care.

I am really hoping neither Bob nor I get the flu but its very hard not to exchange those pesky germs with this cute little guy,  Bob is starting to feel a bit wonky.

They just took Byron's lunch and dinner order which I'm hoping is not a bad sign.  Last night they only took breakfast.   We would love to go home but will accept what comes.

We have spent a bit of time in hospitals in the last few years and I have so much empathy for the long haulers.  I see them here in their really comfortable clothes and their grim smiles.  I have NO idea how they manage.  I know that the Ronald McDonald houses are life savers for these families. They have one right here on campus.  And it is in these times that  I really bless the iPad and tablet companies.  All the kids being wheeled around here on gurneys are watching movies or playing games.  I'm guessing it makes those long hauls much easier.

The neurologist will be in soon to read the EEG.  Then we will see...







No comments:

Post a Comment