Monday, November 20, 2017

Going Home?

Byron is incredibly homesick and is literally begging to go home.  I would really like to honor that if at all possible.  So I have asked if it would be possible to release him to home from here at Columbia today, rather than transfer us back to Blythedale.  I think Byron is ready, and I also think I am ready. When I say I am ready, what I mean is that I think Byron is medically stable enough for me to feel safe bringing him home. The medical facilities where we live are in general pretty good, but they would not be able to support Byron if something went awry when we got home.   But he seems good, the incision looks excellent and he is on an oral course of antibiotics for any further infection.

The team here has to evaluate him to see if he can go home and that includes getting a PT and OT evaluation.  I asked them why they needed that if Blythedale cleared him to go home on Wednesday and they just said it's procedure.

So it's Blythedale or home.  I hope to know soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment