Thursday, November 23, 2017

Two Steps Forward - and then steps back

Byron was doing soo well, and still is in most regards -  but today I noticed he was a bit off.  Around 7:00 pm we also noticed that he was hot.  We tested his fever and it was at 100.9.  The lymph node behind his ear is also enlarged.  😓

Two things to note:
1) We stopped all the steroids on Tuesday.  Bob says he remembers being told that fevers can spike with a change in steroids.
2) Byron is on antibiotics and I hadn't wanted to wake him in the middle of the night for the fourth dose - so I was skipping that one - of course in hindsight NOT GOOD.

So I will obsess a lot over his fever in the coming days and hopefully it will come down in time. And -  I am setting my alarm for that 2:00 am dose tonight 😳

1 comment:

  1. What a process Denise! May his fever and the swelling subside soon 💕

    ReplyDelete