Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Noticeable Changes

Earlier today I asked Byron, as he goes about his day, to see if he noticed any changes since before the surgery.  Tonight Byron said  - "Mom, since my surgery I am more chatful, thankful and thoughtful."  A few minutes later he said "I'm more helpful too."  All of this is true.

He is SO much more "chatful" as he puts it.  Before the surgery there was a lot of vocalizing, random loud sounds.  Now, as his brain has less electrical activity, maybe those sounds are becoming words and thoughts, and they tumble out of him at a rapid pace.

I am so excited to see what else unfolds!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this! Chatful! My new fav word. I relate with the chatful. Very exciting. Wonderful that you asked him to notice changes and that he can observe them. Such great news all around! Sweet dreams to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart js so full to hear Byron is home and antibiotics have worked. We are sending all our love and blessings for a speedy contnuous recovery. Kaushalya

    ReplyDelete