Monday, November 20, 2017

Welcome Home Byron!

Byron left the hospital yesterday in New York about 2:00pm.  All weekend he was determined to go home, told anyone who would listen that he was going home, and sure enough it happened!  It would have taken three-four days to get readmitted to Blythedale so we decided it was time to go home.  When Byron arrived at the hospital via ambulance on Friday, Bob forgot to grab his shoes and coat, so when we left the hospital Byron looked like this! (in my shawl and hospital socks)





But when we finally got home, after stopping at Blythedale via Uber to pick up all our stuff, he looked like this:



The journey is not over, it just relocates at home.  He will now have Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy locally at the Center for Discovery and in January we will go back to the surgeon to have everything rechecked.  Then in about 6 months he will have an EEG to determine if the seizures are truly gone. If they are, he can be weaned off the seizure medicine for good. 💗

Byron may also get some home instruction this month and will start school again in January after the school holiday break.



2 comments:

  1. Such great news! Congratulations on this part of the journey. Sending love for continued healing and recovery. And more sleep for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing update Denise!
    I love what he said about being more Chatful. Your theory makes great sense. On every level it makes sense. God bless and may you guys have a peaceful and delightful evening at home. ❤️��������
    PS, I cleared my history and now I don’t know how I signed into this thing. I had to give a URL so I have my old creative side there. From when I was in advertising

    ReplyDelete