Saturday, November 18, 2017

No News Yet

Still no definitive news on what is causing the infection.  I keep asking them to tell us how they will know the antibiotics are working as the only other outward symptoms are a swollen lymph node.  They answer that question by saying that if Byron was REALLY sick he would act differently, and certainly not be so perky.    I hope they are right - of course one has to have a level of trust in the doctors or there would be no peace of mind at all.  But I keep asking questions and hopefully we will get an answer.  They are doing another very sterile blood sample this evening because they were able to detect some bacteria in Byron's blood from the last draw, but that was in the ER and everything was a little crazy then.  We should have some more answers tomorrow.



Tonight my brother Jeff is staying in the hospital and I am in a nearby hotel.  It's sooo nice to be in a place with out beeping.  I really need the rest.  I'll go back tomorrow morning.

Byron and Jeff escaped the room earlier this afternoon.  I love it that at Columbia you can get permission to wander the halls and the main lobby.  Byron has been begging for us to put up our Christmas tree and I keep telling him "After Thanksgiving" but today he found one, and it's huge.






4 comments:

  1. Sweet dreams I hope you get a great nights sleep. And keep asking the questions I think vigilance in today’s medical world is certainly appropriate 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous, celebratory photo!
    Sleep and rest well, dear aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such troopers! Much love to Byron and his devoted posse of caregivers, helpers, company-keepers, and (parental) advocates! May clarity come and full recovery follow suit. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Byron cracks me up. Always ready for the camera!!

    ReplyDelete