Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Rough Night

Our first night at Blythedale was not so smooth.  Our roommate had a lot of trouble overnight so there was not much sleep to be had.  I immediately brought this up with the nurse practitioner this morning, and now that the roommate has left, they are going to see if they can block this room off as a private room.  This would be awesome!!

Byron also has a fever this morning and some swelling around the incision so they are not going to push him off to school or therapy today.  As we didn't sleep much last night this could be the cause but of course I have no idea.

I sent pictures of the scar off to Dr. Feldstein, the surgeon, this morning, but he replied that there is no cause for worry. 😥  The oiliness is bacetration they are putting on twice a day to prevent infection.







2 comments:

  1. Rest well all of you! With love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitches area seems bigger than I expected. I thought it was going to be 3 inches (which did sound small). This is big! Although I’m impressed with the hair situation and that it wasn’t shaved.

    ReplyDelete