Sunday, September 27, 2009

Annapolis

Today Juliet took us to visit Annapolis.  Annapolis is gorgeous and kind of what you'd expect from a navy town.  Beautiful historic buildings, boats, really unusual shops and lot of tall fit people dressed impeccably in white polyester.  Even their shoes are white.  (way past labor day mind you)  I went  into the local pizza place to get some quarters for the 30 minutes only or you will be towed except for Christmas (literally) meter.  The two guys that waited on me were also really tall fit, clean shaven guys who looked like the guys in white on the street.  The lady/girl who waited on me in the crab shack was tall and fit and could have been one of the guys out there in white too - guys being generic in this case.   The guy who made the balloon Elmo was tall and fit  - I kid you not.  It's like everyone was auditioning for the role of white navy dude and hoping that by being in the rarified proximity it just might happen to them one day.  Sort of like LA.  AND I had the best (only) crab cake sandwich I have ever had - OMG!!


No comments:

Post a Comment