Monday, September 7, 2009

Old Friends and New Games

Labor Day was spent with Bob’s coworker and roommate when they both worked in Detroit. Drew and Barb live an hour north in Hagerstown, MD. Barb is an amazing graphic artist, scrapbooker and stamp expert. She has over 10,000 rubber stamps! Drew still works at Lockheed and is renovating his house - think Murphy Brown ;)

In my life I have found three or four bests in the world (for me):  Bagels - Second Avenue NYC, Pizza - that place under the Brooklyn Bridge, Chocolate - Richart and Barb's Hagerstown COTC.  Barb cooked the most delicious corn on the cob I have ever eaten in my life. It was a local specialty white corn that does not even need butter or salt. I ate three naked ears in sheer pleasure. She said it is hard for her to eat corn anywhere else and now I too am ruined forever.

When we got home, Byron and Bob played the new sticky ball game. It’s REALLY helping him want to use his left hand.




Happy 91st Birthday Dad!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new look of the blog! Can't wait for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete